Learn who can fund projects on Startnext, and what we're looking for.
Crowdfunding for projects and startups
Startnext is a crowdfunding platform for projects and startups from artists, inventors, creative people and social entrepreneurs. Your project should fit in one of our following categories: agriculture, art, audio book, comic, community, design, education, environment, event, fashion, food, games, invention, journalism, literature, film/video, photography, music, social business, technology, theatre. A project always has a clear goal and something new needs to be created.
Some examples of what can not be funded: "Fund my life" projects (like college tuition or vocational training), private events or traveling expenses, charity projects, marketing costs etc.
Who can start a project?
Currently, projects can only be started by persons residing in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Individuals, companies, associations, foundations or other organizations can use Startnext to fund their projects.
Starters should be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18, it is possible for you to start a project together with a legal representative after consulting with us.
What else is there to keep in mind?
- Starter verification: We are legally obliged to verify your identity in order for you to be able to collect money.
- Use your real name: Each starter is shown with his or her real name and a personal photo onthe project page.
- Documentation of projects: For adequate documentation and transparency purposes, once a supporter has financially supported a project, the project can no longer be deleted from the Startnext platform.
- Copyright: The contents of your project can not violate German law, be racist, obscene, or offensive. Projects containing copyright violation will be removed from the platform immediately. So please check up on all relevant legal issues beforehand.
- Pitch video: Each starter presents himself and his project personally in the form of a pitch video.
- Startnext logo: Crowdfunding works best when we get as many people as possible to participate. By using the Startnext logo with the slogan "Crowdfunded using Startnext" (i.e. printing it on your rewards or on the finished product) you can help to make the crowdfunding movement even bigger.
Spread your idea but don't spam
- Don’t promote a project on another project’s sites. Comments of this type will be erased by us.
- Sharing your project with your friends, fans and followers is important, but don’t send out masse emails to users you don’t know or supporters from other projects.
- Please refrain from insults of any kind and do not post content that is obscene, racist or offensive. Comments of this nature will be deleted immediately.
- If you don’t like a project, then don’t support it. But don’t post insults or disrespectful comments on that project’s wall.