You want to develop software that has a sustainable benefit for our society and helps people to realize their dreams? As the largest German crowdfunding community, we enable founders, inventors and creative people to collect the necessary funding for their ideas to put them into practice.
We are looking for you to join our eight-member product development team.
- We have a successful business model and would like to scale our current software architecture.
- This is your chance to get involved and work with us on redesigning and modernizing our system/software architecture. Join us on the path from monolith to microservices.
- You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that uses agile methods to plan and design the technical concepts of our software and will be involved in software update and release management.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art technologies (Cloud Native) and have the following technical skills and experience:
- You know two or more coding languages
- Experienced in PHP and PHP frameworks
- Version management with GIT
- Data modelling (relational database, MariaDB)
- You enjoy working in a team and are willing to take on responsibility.
- You speak fairly well German (at least B1 level) or are a native speaker. Our team communication is in German.
Your English language skills are also good or very good. We document our software in English.
Our technology stack:
What we offer
Of course we also have the standards (coffee, table soccer, fresh fruit and conferences). But what actually distinguishes us from others:
- A company that is certified as "B Corp": We also measure our success by the social benefits we provide. Our purpose is our greatest motivation!
- Our company is independent, still belongs to the founders and is managed by them. This means that we determine our strategy as a team ourselves and are not dictated by investors.
- A friendly and family-friendly working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and regular, constructive feedback. Together with two coaches we continuously improve our working methods and team structure.
- Our forms of cooperation are not rigid, but can be shaped by everyone.
- Since we have two company locations (Dresden and Berlin), you have access to the local developer communities and further training at both locations.
- A free holiday and home office arrangement with Fair Use Policy.
Are you interested...?
..but would you like to get to know us first? Meet our product development team for a coffee! Just make an appointment with us by e-mail: jobs (at) startnext.com
If you are immediately convinced and would like to join us, please send us the following documents by e-mail:
- Meaningful work samples (e.g. GitHub link, code examples) or you work on our Coding Challenge
- A short cover letter in which you tell us what good software development looks like for you and why you fit well with Startnext.
- Your resume and relevant references
- Your earliest starting date and salary requirement