Its about porridge! Just in case you are wondering what porridge is, its a warm, creamy breakfast made of wholesome oats mixed with milk or water. Its been around for generations in one form or another. At 3Bears we make porridge that tastes just right. Just right means the perfect combination of chunky oats and juicy pieces of fruit to create a porridge with a unique consistency and bite. A truly extraordinary taste with absolutely no added sugar, additives or preservatives. You need to try it to believe it.
To date, we have created the 3Bears brand using our own funds, but to truly revolutionise the German breakfast market and give more people the opportunity to discover our unique porridge through our porridge pots, we need your help.
- Most other cereals and porridge are crammed full of sugar.
- Porridge offers in Germany are expensive, bland, mushy and generally not very tasty!
- Breakfast options for on-the-go is limited to bread rolls and pastries.
- Its difficult to find convenience food thats tasty and nutritious at the same time.
- Foods branded as convenient are often not so convenient after all.
What's so special about 3Bears Porridge Pots?
- 100% natural – No additives. We use simple ingredients with names you can understand.
- No added sugar – Fabulously tasty thanks to the natural sweetness of fruit.
- Magical taste – Unique bite and extraordinary taste. Our pots will taste just as good as our original porridge.
- Miraculous flavors – Available in our existing flavours of Apple and Cinnamon and Fruity Coconut, but also new exciting flavour combinations.
- Only requires hot water – Nothing more is needed to create a creamy tasty breakfast while on-the-go.
Along with our porridge pots, we also want to give more people the opportunity to discover our porridge and bring the 3Bears story to life. So, we will build a pop-up store in the 3Bears fairy tale style!
We will tour across Germany, visiting festivals, fairs and anywhere else we can in order to bring porridge and the fairy tale closer to you.
Now that`s what you call a magical breakfast revolution!
We want to help people eat better and support them in leading a healthy lifestyle, both at home and on-the-go. Porridge with its wholegrain oats, complex carbohydrates and proteins, is the perfect food for this, and with our convenient porridge pots you will soon be able to get the perfect breakfast whenever and where ever. An exciting revolution in the German breakfast market.
Our porridge is aimed at everyone
At everyone who believes like we do that breakfast on-the-go should be filling, tasty, healthy, and above all, fun. Whether you are on the train, at work, in the mountains, or on the moon (maybe not on the moon), you should be able to get food that tastes good without containing anything bad.
Since our launch, we have found that all sort of people love our porridge. Office workers looking for a quick and easy breakfast fix. Mums looking to give their kids something tasty that they know has nothing bad in it. Sports people who understand that oats are a great complex carbohydrate and packed full of protein.
3Bears porridge is also suitable for vegans, and mixed with almond milk it makes an exciting breakfast for all!
Do you like food and like to eat well? Do you want to be able to eat well without sacrificing taste or nutrition, both at home and on-the-go?
If like us you believe that there are too many unnecessary chemicals and sugar in foods, and that there are not enough tasty and nutritious options on the market, then our porridge pots are for you.
Even if you don't think our pots are for you, but you really, really like bears, or alternatively have lots of money that you don't know what to do with, then please support our campaign. Every contribution helps us in achieving our ambition of revolutionising the German breakfast market, and we would be incredibly grateful forever!
We have a funding threshold of 10,000 and a funding goal of 20,000. Why?
Achieving the funding threshold of 10,000
We have set a threshold because this minimum sum will allow us to produce the pots in our current flavours and put the idea of a basic pop up stall into practice.
- Porridge Pots - What you can see in the film and on the rewards are mock ups; we still have to figure out the packaging – from materials to machinery – as well as ingredients, taste & recipes, i.e. how to make it instant especially!
- Porridge Pop-up – Reaching the threshold, we will develop a small Pop-up stall. This would entail buying a basic van or trailer and adding a fairy tale design... maybe inspired by the fairy tale forest, the 3Bears cottage or even by a giant porridge bowl.
With the funding goal of 20,000 we could do so much more!
With support beyond the threshold, the 3Bears breakfast revolution would reach another level. More pots for more people in more flavours and in more places!
- Porridge Pots - We would create new exciting flavours for our porridge pots – inspired by food trends and superfood ingredients. We´d be able to research and experiment more and come up with some magical aromas.
- Porridge Pop-up – Achieving the funding goal will allow us to build a truly unique 3Bears fairy tale Pop-up. We´re talking the ultimate here. A large-scale Pop-up that will stand out at any event and excite you with amazing porridge, delivered in the 3Bears fairy tale spirit!
Caroline and Tim are the founders behind 3Bears.
It was while living in London that we both first fell under the spell of porridge and started experimenting with making our own. We saw a clear gap in the market in Germany for an exciting breakfast alternative, so we came to Munich to turn our dream into reality.
We want to help people to eat well, lead an active and healthy life, without ever having to make any compromises on taste or convenience.
The name 3Bears is based on the British fairy tale of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. In the fairy tale a little girl named Goldilocks discovers the cottage of the three bears deep within a forest. Goldilocks tries three bowls of porridge that the bears have left on their breakfast table to cool down. Of the three bowls, she only finds one that is just right and its our objective to make that exact porridge. One that is just right.
A magical thank you goes to..
Of course, its not just Caroline and Tim behind this project, but a whole host of incredible people and supporters that have helped by giving their time and expertise.
In no particular order, a HUGE thank you must go to the following:
- the fabulously gifted film maker Michael Münch from Muench Films https://vimeo.com/muenchfilms,
- Jan Rogowski from www.redstar3d.com for his very special animations,
- the outstanding photographer Yves Krier from www.yveskrier.com,
- our wonderful Goldilocks Agnes Bachmaier and our scary third bear Benjamin Turck,
- Jakob Geisler for his expertise in everything light and sound,
- our exceptionally busy runners Franziska Steingruber and Claudia Bajurin (Claudia also for her incredible Food-Styling!!),
- Eva Lichner from Mates, www.mates-muenchen.de, for allowing us to take over and film in her beautiful co-working space right in the centre of Munich,
- Claudia Bajurin, Britta Streicher and Petra Fischer for simply awesome design work,
- and thanks too to Franzi, Agnes, Alex, and Sophie for helping us with all our texts and translations and to Petra, Rachael and Lydia for helping with all our weird and wonderful requests for film props.
This project could never have happened without the support of these friends who believe in the 3Bears dream, and who don't mind being paid in oats as opposed to actual money.