The first production of our hejhej-bags can be financed with 10000 which means that after the closed-loop yoga mats there will also be closed-loop yoga bags.
You vote! With € 17,000 we can produce another color in addition to grey-aubergine. Supporters can vote on the color after the campaign.
The most sustainable and sensible way to launch a new product to
the market is in a closed-loop way. That's why we've developed the
hejhej-bag in a closed-loop way. That means the largest part of the
bag consists of recycled materials and is also recyclable.
We take responsibility for all stages of your hejhej-bag's life. We not only pay attention to the responsible production but also to what happens to your hejhej-bag when it is no longer used by you.
Components of hejhej-bag
- The fabric of the bag is made of recycled PET bottle and is recyclable.
- The hejhej-bag zipper is made from recycled fishing nets and comes from Italy.
- The strap of the hejhej bag is made of hemp.
- Hemp is far more sustainable than cotton because hemp requires significantly less water and can be grown almost anywhere.
Quality & Innovation
- The hejhej-bag combines two products in one:
- The strap of the bag can easily be removed and used during your yoga practice.
- During your yoga session, it gives you an ideal grip and feels particularly comfortable with the hejhej-grip.
- The hejhej-bag is waterproof and very light.
- The entire hejhej-bag production takes place in Germany.
- In cooperation with workshops for people with a handicap, each bag is sewn, packed and shipped by hand in Nuremberg.
- The materials for your hejhej-bag are all from Germany and Europe.
- We take care of recycling your hejhej-bag.
- Once your bag arrives at the end of the product life cycle, you can return it to us free of charge.
- Therefore it gets reassembled into its individual components and recycled.
- So the materials get a new product life and you get a discount code for your next closed-loop shopping in our online store.
The goal of this campaign:
To bring the first closed-loop yoga bag and thus the most sustainable yoga bag on the market.
For quality-conscious yoginis and yogis who are looking for a fully sustainable alternative to carry their yoga mat.
Our vision is to transform existing consumption patterns
by challenging the buyer decision process and by spreading the
circular economy in society.
As a young, sustainable start-up, we want to challenge existing
consumption behaviors and make you think about your buying
decisions: Do I really need this new product?
Only if this question can be answered with "yes", it should really be bought and the most sustainable alternative can be chosen. The most sustainable alternative among all the yoga mat bags is our innovative closed-loop hejhej-bag. In today's world of over-consumption, the circular economy is the solution to a more sustainable future.
With our bag you ensure that recycled materials get a new product life, waste is saved and people with a handicap get a meaningful job.
We are in the process of building the first closed-loop yoga brand. For that, we need your support.
We have already made all the necessary arrangements with our
suppliers, so they are ready to supply us with the materials for
the hejhej-bag within 6 weeks. The workplace for people with a
handicap is looking forward to the new project and the sewing
machines are ready.
So if this campaign is successful, we will give the final go and the first production of hejhej-bags can start! You will receive your pre-ordered bag before Christmas.
We are Anna and Sophie. We did our Master’s in Sustainability
Management together in Sweden and are passionate yoga
One day we went to an art exhibition where yogis were accused of acting hypocritically. They often think they behave super sustainable and still do not think of their environmentally harmful plastic mat.
We felt caught because our mats were made from plastic at that time as well!
In search of a truly sustainable yoga mat, we were disappointed and therefore founded hejhej-mats. Through our studies, we were familiar with the principle of the circular economy, which offers the greatest sustainability potential. After the hejhej-mat, the hejhej-bag is now the second step towards a closed-loop future. Together with you, we want to revolutionize the yoga industry.
Special thanks go to our most talented and spontaneous
videographer Steve, the most creative Pia Salzer who made an
artwork out of our closed-loop, to Maike Feddern who started the
first steps of the bag, to Lena Lichtblick who
captured every hejhej-moment of the shooting of this campaign and
to our beautiful and most committed models Denise, Luisa and
Thank you all so much for your great support!
Here you find more info to share the campaign.