In our project, we support refugees on their way to finding a job or an apprenticeship to enable them to become an active part of society. We consider employment a decisive step to a successful integration. Unfortunately, there are many obstacles in the way of refugees, and this is exactly where we help.
Whether in German, English, French, or Arabic, we conduct personal interviews with refugees to find out what motivates them and what they have done previously.
In addition, we help refugees prepare for the application process and job-start.
Among other things, we help with writing application documents and aim to help understand the German application process and lower cultural barriers.
We also work together with companies and introduce them to refugees that fit the job description. We support both refugees and employers in all matters related to employment and the bureaucratic jungle.
It is also particularly important for us to stay in touch with each other after the job-start in order to foster a sustainable integration.
80 refugees have already made it. Our goal is to integrate the next 80 refugees into the labour market by the end this year. For this we need your help.
In concrete terms, we intend to implement the following steps:
- Create at least 120 CVs with and for the refugees: Many of refugees do not have a CV that matches the standard German employers.
- Conduct at least 120 interview and application trainings to prepare refugees to the hiring process: This is especially important, considering that even with long years of work experience, many have never encountered a formal application process.
- Place 80 refugees into work or apprenticeship; We’ll achieve this through a personal, open, uncomplicated exchange with refugees and companies.
Since January 2015, over one million refugees fled to Germany in the hope for a safe life and being a part of a community.
Despite the efforts of the authorities and volunteers, the employment of refugees remains a very complicated way for all parties involved.
This is where our project comes in. We communicate with refugees on an eye-to-eye level, away from the bureaucratic jungle, to help place them in jobs. Our work is not spectacular but it is simply necessary.
In addition to learning the German language, employment is the key and decisive step to a successful integration.
The advantages of having a job are clear:
- Contributing to a community strengthens self-esteem and the contact with the society
- On top of that, it promotes social acceptance
The funds flows to a 100 percent directly into the work with refugees:
- The Placement of refugees into work and apprenticeships
- Holding CV trainings and workshops
- Conducting application and interview trainings
Responsible for the project is the charitable, non-profit organisation jobs4refugees, that was founded in late 2015. Our mission is to help refugees become an active part of the German community. We finance our work through donations and grants.
We are a team of four and a lot more volunteers.
- Friede, as an enthusiastic ethnologist that promotes the exchange of cultures among themselves.
- Guido, as a former recruiter, brings a lot of HR knowledge into our team.
- Sami, as a Syrian integrated in Berlin, that helps in communicating with many refugees especially that he speaks the language.
- Robert is committed whole-heartedly to expand the project to be able to help many more. (Next location: Frankfurt, middle 2017)