What is this project all about?
Last Year, in August 2015, politically active refugees from Berlin, Hannover and Hamburg organized a nationwide Refugee Conference together in Hannover. Building on this cooperation, this upcoming self-organized INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF REFUGEES AND MIGRANTS aims at empowering existing and developing new networks of refugees as well as creating the possibility to analyze the current situation in Germany and Europe. For three days, refugees, migrants, supporters and activists with different backgrounds will discuss, network and share their knowledge.
Issues that will be addressed at the conference include:
• The new restrictive laws against refugees
• The situation and struggles at the EU-Borders
• The increasing racist attacks
• The situation, demands and struggles of women, refugees and migrants
• Refugee self-organization
• Positive achievements of the Refugee Struggle so far
• “Living” conditions in the refugee camps
• The attempts of authorities to divide refugees into “good” and “bad”
• Racism against Muslims and Roma/Sinti
• Reasons why people flee
The conference assembles the most important voices in the struggle of refugees and migrants in order to develop concrete suggestions to improve the situation. The conference is a forum for inspiration and discussion that will create space for actions.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
The aim of the conference is to develop practicable suggestions for better living conditions of refugees and migrants. We want to push forward the networking and exchange between refugees from different countries to promote our political demands. Everybody is invited to the conference: refugees, migrants, activists, supporters and interested people from Hamburg, and other German and European cities and regions.
Why would you support this project?
The current situation Europe demands that we all communicate and
work together. We refugees need this forum to make our voices and
demands heard and to create understanding and acceptance for our
struggle. With your support we can build a powerful network and
phrase concrete possibilities, actions and demands that will
improve our situation.
With your help and participation you are supporting the political struggle of the refugees directly, actively and sustainably!
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
The money of the crowdfunding campaign is used for the conference expenses:
• travelling expenses for refugees and migrants from Germany
and Europe with the local public transport
• food for all participants during the conference
• accommodation for participants from out of town
• printing of flyers & posters
• technical equipment for simultaneous translation and interpreters
• technical equipment
Who are the people behind the project?
The conference is jointly and autonomously organized by:
• Lampedusa in Hamburg
• CISPM (International Coalition of Sans Papiers Migrants and Refugees)
• Voix des Migrants
• Refugee Movement Berlin
• Refugee Bus Tour
• Refugee Protestcamp Hannover
• Asmara's World-Refugee-Support
• Bündnis Recht auf Stadt - never mind the papers!
• Le Sabot
• BUKO (Bundeskoordination Internationalismus)
• JOG (Jugendliche ohne Grenzen)
• Schwabinggrad Ballett & Il Arrivati
• Flüchtlingsrat Hamburg
• Watch the Med Alarm Phone
• Africa Unity Hamburg
• Tschobee for Freedom
• Kampnagel Internationale Kulturfabrik GmbH
• Supporters of Lampedusa in Hamburg