What is this project all about?
Our app is called SitEinander (a blend of German words for “to
babysit“ and ”together“ and roughly translates into
“sitogether“) because it is designed to foster the cooperation
between acquainted families in the realm of child care. At best,
parents and children who otherwise might have never met get to know
each other through the app. Mutual help now goes without saying –
this is the proverbial village community of the digital era.
So far, we have covered the costs for the Android app out of our own pockets, and it is about to be launched. Now we are turning to you: please support us so we can further develop the app for iOS and desktop devices and make SitEinander accessible for all families.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
Our target audience includes
- all parents who face insufficient and inflexible child care options and for whom classic (high-priced) babysitting is not a suitable substitute.
- all families who’d like to create deeper ties within their neighborhoods and support each other with child care.
- companies and private citizens who would like to actively promote equal employment opportunity and a greater compatibility of family and work life.
Why would you support this project?
There are many ways you can benefit from supporting us:
You Have Kids?
SitEinander allows you to
- become part of the first Sharing Economy for Child Care in Germany: a fair exchange based on the principle of give and take – so there’s no need to feel guilty.
- quickly and spontaneously find help through your individually created network of trusted parent sitters - whenever you need it.
- finally have time to yourself again without having to spend a fortune on conventional babysitting.
- focus on friends, relationships, work, hobbies, dreams, and personal goals.
- meet new families in the neighborhood with the help of the integrated map feature.
- find new playmates for your kids – finally, here’s a type of child care with significant benefits for the children involved.
You Don’t Have Kids?
SitEinander makes a difference for you as well because
- SitEinander seeks to promote the general public interest in our society in a sustained manner. We aim to advance social cohesion, support equal opportunity, and generally work towards a higher quality of life.
By supporting us, you contribute to these goals as well!
- Maybe you dearly miss your friends with children. It’s probably been a while since they last had time for a get-together.
- We will make sure that your friends finally have some time available for a drink with you again!
- You’re an entrepreneur, and there are many parents on your team?
In that case, you should definitely support us:
- Through SitEinander, we promote equal employment opportunity and a greater compatibility of family and work life; our app allows parents to organize their child care in a flexible and timely manner – even outside of regular school and day care hours.
Support SitEinander und make family friendliness a top priority of your business!
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
It’s been a year since we started pondering our idea and
continuously working toward its realization. At this point, we have
poured all of our financial resources into the development of the
Android app beta version.
If we manage to raise the required amount, we will both make further
improvements to the Android app and develop a brand-new version for iOS and desktop devices. That way, SitEinander will finally be available to all families.
This is crucial for every parent: after all, only widespread access to SitEinander can ensure the emergence of a strong network of SitFriends for every participant.