Worum geht es in dem Projekt?
'Everybody has a loved one living away' is about connecting people. Is about bringing the immigration to your daily life, to your home, family, friends. When talking about immigration we want you to think in that person, a family member, a friend, co-worker and an endless etc. who is living away. We want you to see him/her in the faces of the immigrants you see around you everyday. And when thinking about him or her, we want you to ask yourself: how is he feeling? how I would like him to be treated? And then you will have the answers to act accordingly. We believe that generating that empathy is the first step for a better understanding of who immigrants are and what obstacles do they face in their new life. After that you can engage yourself to be an active player in changing the way we live all together. Be part of it, be part of the change for a better world!
Why a crowdfunding campaign?
Because we want to take an audiovisual campaign one step further and generate a real engagement with our audience, with you. People's watching videos all the time, that's the new trend of social media (a post without a video= no likes!). The experience last the exact seconds of the video length. We want to go one step beyond, attract people to our campaign, and to support. We want them to feel they are involved, that they are part of it!
And the best way of doing it is taking the campaign to a non-digital world, where you can touch and feel things. That's way we have chosen the rewards we have, because we want the experience of our supporters to last, not only the video length but hopefully forever!
Was sind die Ziele und wer ist die Zielgruppe?
The project main goal is to generate engagement and awareness
about migration phenomenon. But not only that, we also want our
digital campaign to transcend the digital world, we want it to be
part of your real life. There are different ways to achieve that
- Reaching out as many people as we can, and for that we need you to be part of it. We need you to share it with your loved one living away and everybody who the message of this campaign can touch.
- Reconnect with your loved living away. For that purpose the first reward is a campaign postcard that we will send to you loved living away (all over the world) with a short personal message (keep it short but creative!)
- Long lasting impact. For that purpose we have the two storybook rewards. The aim is that our supporters can have a material testimony of the campaign that they can touch and feel. It's the extension of the digital experience to the real world. It can also be useful to take it to school, work on another organisation you may be part of and share it with your peers!
Who? Everybody, because everybody has a loved one living away!
Warum sollte jemand dieses Projekt unterstützen?
Because, many times when we think about our loved one living away we would like to be closer to them, or help them in their new live, but we struggle because of the distance. By supporting our project you are standing by him/her, and you are letting him/her know it. You are telling him/her: 'I have a loved one living away, and that loved one is you! And next time I turn back to look at an immigrant, I will smile, because now I know that somewhere else there's someone smiling at you!
That’s what we want to create!
Was passiert mit dem Geld bei erfolgreicher Finanzierung?
Most of the money will go to logistics and rewards costs, the
profit generated will be used to cover the expenses to take part in
GESS 2016 Munich, a social entrepreneurship program that gather
young talented entrepreneurs to create innovative solutions to
tackle migration's biggest challenges.
- Postcards: design+printing+delivery+post stamp (international)= 3.50/4.00 euros/each.
- Story booklet: design+printing+delivery+shipping (international)
= 25 euros/each.
- Hard cover storybook: design+printing+delivery+shipping (international)= 40 euros
- Transaction fees (4%)= 40 euros (total)
If the funding goal is achieved, the exceeding profits will be to donated to platforms that allowed us to use their material under a Creative Commons license (in the following order):
- Startnext (www.startnext.com)
- The noun project (www.thenounproject.com)
- Free Music Archive (www.freemusicarchive.com)
This is a for profit project. Even though the profits made within the funding goal will be used entirely and solely to cover the expenses of taking part in GESS 2016 in Munich (www.globalsummerschool.org):
- Transport 25 euros (10,80 EUR from Munich airport to the city
center; during the week around 3 EUR per day if arrange a group
ticket with 4 other participants)
- 5 EUR/per day for lunch X 8 days = 40 euros
- 10 EUR/per day for dinner X 8 days= 80 euros
Wer steht hinter dem Projekt?
Everybody, because everybody has a loved one
You, by sharing and supporting it!
I'm Joaquin Santuber, the leader and founder of
this project. I am a young entrepreneur, passionate about social
projects. I'm from Chile living now in Germany (so I'm an immigrant
myself!). I've recently become father of two beautiful baby
This wouldn't have been possible with the constant support and encouragement of my partner, Kirstin. From being an active member in our brainstorming sessions to help me with the multi-languages voiceover for the video (you can hear her sweet voice in the part of the video!)
Also, I had the great support of my good friends and former partners at GO, you can see them at the end of the video, in the drawings! (www.globalopportunity.in):
- Noora, Alfonso and Gerardo for their advises, bringing always new insights and pushing hard to get the best out of this!
- Xavi for all the teachings in the technical part, it wouldn't have been possible without that knowledge.
- Mandy for letting me use her amazing drawings of all of us from the time we were together in GO.