What is this project all about?
The Tiguri Agri-village pilot project will act as a demonstration social, farming community and will be completely off grid, however, synergising with its surrounding neighbours. Once fully constructed and operational it will produce its own food, purify its own water source, produce its own electricity and home its villagers. Excess produce will be sold to create income so the community can develop over time and thrive.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
The project is for the people. It is a pilot project that will
prove how our specific blend of technologies, listed below,
synergise to create an Independent, sustainable, profitable
- Aquaponics: high density crop farming, able to supply maize, groundnuts, beans, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables while at the same time forming a closed ecosystem with fish farming, which can over time be extended to poultry. Productivity is on average 5 times higher than traditional farming, while water and fertilizer consumption is 90% lower. Any additional desires for fertilizer can be fully covered by output of the anaerobic waste management system.
- Anaerobic waste management: organic waste such as food leftovers, harvest waste, animal waste, and manure are fed into an anaerobic digestive system which produces biogas/electricity and fertilizer.
- Solar electricity and water heating: solar systems are set up in combination with the anaerobic waste management to provide electricity and heat as needed for household and farm use.
- Advanced Building Technology: Light steel frame building is a very cost effective way to build housing in shorter periods of time while providing other benefits such as better heat insulation.
- Apiculture and forestry: To preserve and complement agricultural and natural diversity and productions, sustainable forestry and bee keeping would be provided.
Once operational Tiguri, through its global partnership network can scale developments easily and efficiently any where in the world.
Why would you support this project?
You will support this project because all the technologies are
proven and nothing has been left to chance.
You will support this project because sustainable development is the future and if we are to meet the Sustainable Development Goals and erradicate poverty from the ground up.
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
The funds will be used to purchase the land, apply for permits, develop the masterplan, purchase the machienary and equipment, train the local work force and villager, purchase start up materials and construct the village plus a buffer to maintaiin running costs until the scale tips and the income passes expenditure.