You want to work with the Startnext team on a platform that has a sustainable benefit for our society and helps people to realize their ideas and projects?
The challenge & the tasks:
For more than 12 years, Startnext has enabled founders and creatives to collect the necessary funding and supporters for their ideas, start-ups or projects. We have a successful business model and would like to make our platform a little better every day together with you.
- You will support your colleague Kajo in setting up and running our infrastructure. In addition, you'll be a valuable part of our seven-person technology team.
You'll help build out and use our monitoring and logging infrastructure to make our platform more stable and efficient, as well as troubleshoot issues.
You will help manage our internal tools and assist colleagues with technical challenges.
What you bring with you:
- You have completed the first semesters of your studies and are looking for a position as a working student. OR
You are a young professional with a degree in the field of computer science/science/technology or a comparable degree
You want to help shape the transformation of our infrastructure in the area of conflict between 20-year-old monolith and cloud native concepts. In doing so, you are not afraid to operate services in-house.
You bring basic knowledge in the following areas:
Operating systems: Linux - we use Debian
Programming or scripting experience: ideally Bash and Go
web server: PHP-FPM and nginx
- Above all, you are willing to continuously develop and acquire new knowledge about technologies. We continuously invest in:
- Version management & CI/CD: GitLab
- Virtualization and Containerization: Packer, QEMU/KVM, Docker
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- Orchestration and Secrets Management: Nomad, Consul, Vault
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Loki, Grafana
You like to work in and with your team.
You have a basic knowledge of German. Our team communication is mostly in German.
Your English skills are so good that you can read and understand documentation in English.
- Start of work: with immediate effect
- Contract type: Employed (part-time) or working student:in
- Hours per week: 20-32 hrs.
- Work location: Our office is in Dresden; remote work within Germany is possible by arrangement. The platform development team meets at least 1x per month in Dresden.
- Salary Salaried: 44.000-48.000 Euro (full time, depending on qualification and experience);
- Salary working student:in: 13,00-14,50 Euro/hour (depending on qualification and experience).
- A trust leave scheme that is used in a teamfair manner.
- The opportunity and responsibility to add value to society.
- You can become part of an independent, owner-managed company.
- Learn more about the Startnext team, company values and mission here.
For the application, we do not want to receive a cover letter, resume or references from you via email. Instead, please fill out our application form, which you can find below. In it, we will ask you a few short questions about your motivation and your personality.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity.