It's about time to record our next album! We want to join forces with Joost van den Broek (currently producing the upcoming album of Epica) and record our album at Sandlane Recording Facilities. It will be a concept album where we fly from planet to planet in our solar system and meet ancient gods and unique soundscapes. We dived even deeper in combining classical music and metal and created a different mood and instrumentation for every planet. Only with your support it will get it's proper production!
We want to create the best molllust album we've ever made!
If you love opera, symphonic or neoclassical metal, chances are high you'll love our new album as well.
As the corona situation puts us, the creators, in a difficult situation, we decided to slightly change the campaign and give you a transparent overview how we can scale this huge project down. With each stretch goal we can make it greater. In addition, we want to pay the musicians for their studio days, as many are struggling with the current obstacles.
On the one hand, you will help us to create a unique piece of art. Compositions were created with love and attention to detail over a period of three years. On the other hand, you can help to make it easier for the musicians to survive these days without concerts. They shouldn't worry about their financial situation while recording.
We will offer you a lot of in-depth information about the songs and the motivation to write the music. We'll dedicate each week of this campaign to one song. Additionally, there will be exclusive rewards during these theme weeks. So make sure to follow us!
- We can pay for mixing, mastering, the artwork and the physical copies of the CD. Most instruments will be recorded at home or programmed and just get refined by our producer. Only drums and vocals will be recorded in the studio. (7,000 €)
1) We can record the most important lines of our classical musicians in the studio and pay a small compensation (50 € per recording day) for their studio days. (12,000 €)
2) We can record all our classical musicians in the studio and also give a small compensation to all metal musicians involved. (22,500 €)
3) We can also invite some guest musicians to make the orchestration more vivid and record a music video. Additionally, all musicians involved get a compensation. (100 € per recording day) (32,000 €)
4) We can fine-tune our songs even more together with our producer, record epic choirs and have a budget for marketing our music! (45,000 €)
5) We can do the recordings with a real orchestra. All musicians receive a better compensation (150 € per recording day) for their contribution. Additionally, we have a good budget for marketing to promote the album. A dream comes true. (60,000 €)
All perks include shipping costs. If you live on another continent, we kindly ask for a voluntary donation in order to compensate for the higher cost. In case you need secured shipping, please donate the extra costs as well.
Due to the corona crises, shipping in some areas is temporarily unavailable or very expensive and we don't know how the situation will be in November yet. In case of shipping problems due to the crisis, we'll contact you and offer you a delayed shipping or a shipping for an extra fee.
molllust was founded in 2011 by us (Janika Groß and Frank Schumacher) and we are also responsible for this campaign. Since then, we've been building this project with many great persons on stage and behind the scenes. Our current line-up is deeply involved in this campaign as well! Additionally, there are a lot of people contributing to create a wonderful album: our guest musicians, our producer, our photographer, our graphic designer and many more.
Check out our band here: https://www.molllust.com