For the preparation and opening of the Raum für Klang & Stille, especially for the RENOVATION, SOUNDPROOFING and OPTIMISATION of the ACOUSTICS of the studio.
The project concerns the opening of an INNOVATIVE STUDIO for MUSIC, MINDFULNESS and DEVELOPMENT in the centre of BERLIN, close to the main train station.
In the middle of the pandemic I’ve decided to take this big step, creating a professional space with numerous possibilities by deliberately choosing hope and optimism.
Through my experience as a concert pianist with three advanced degrees from the Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover, as a piano teacher in Berlin and at the Musikhochschule in Cologne and Hanover, as well as a mindfulness practitioner and teacher with an MBSR teaching certificate (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction), I have developed my own path combining music, mindfulness and body work, which has nourished my musical and personal development and become an integral part of my music, work and life. At the same time, I transmit to others my experience, enthusiasm and versatility through my teaching and coaching.
I now feel the need for a place that will provide a truly personal and creative context for piano and music classes, rehearsals and concert preparation, meditation sessions, small concerts and exchanges. This is why I’m creating the Raum für Klang & Stille (Space for sound & silence), a small, unique place of creative work, encounters, calm, and inner and outer development, where children, teenagers and adults, students, colleagues, listeners, professionals and non-professionals will be welcome.
With this step I also wish to bring live music in a small format back to the city and to reach people through music, art and stillness.
I aspire to awaken the poetry of life in the present moment and to share it with others.
SPACE FOR SOUND AND SILENCE
studio for MUSIC, MINDFULNESS and DEVELOPMENT
TEACHING - COACHING - WORKSHOPS
REHEARSALS - CONCERTS - PERFORMANCE
ENCOUNTERS - INSPIRATION
33 square meters
in the middle of Berlin
directly on the waterside
a music atelier
a creative teaching space
a contemporary concert salon
- with a pandemic-compatible concept -
an island for meditation
a small meeting place
a refuge for the arts
Let’s build this unique place of music, mindfulness, hope and art together!
In the RAUM FÜR KLANG & STILLE (Space for Sound & Silence ) I will offer:
1. HOLISTIC PIANO CLASSES for children, teenagers and adults in German, French or English, from beginning to advanced students. Elements of mindfulness are incorporated into my teaching.
2. PREPARATION for ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS and MUSIC STUDIES with piano as first or second instrument.
3. HOLISTIC mindfulness-based COACHING FOR PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS and MUSIC STUDENTS, leading to the development of their full inner potential.
For all instruments:
- meditation, breathing and relaxation exercices, mindfulness exercises, specific body exercises and stretching to balance instrumental practicing
- mental practicing as well as development of new, versatile and creative ways of practicing
- development of methods to handle stage-fright and general stress; support and mentoring during the preparation of concerts or exams
- reflexion and exchange
4. MUSIC LESSONS for OTHER INSTRUMENTS with musician colleagues who will teach at the Raum für Klang & Stille
5. INNOVATIVE PANDEMIC-COMPATIBLE CONCEPT for CONCERTS and CONCERT SERIES
Including “33qm/33Min/3x3 Konzerte, Ein exklusives, solidarisches und experimentelles Konzertformat in Zeiten der Pandemie” (33 square meters/33 min/3x3 concerts: an exclusive, experimental concert series with solidarity in pandemic times), in order to:
- bring live music in a small format back to the city
- provide an intimate and unique experience for the listeners
- support musicians and composers
- facilitate access to contemporary music
6. COLLABORATIONS with CONTEMPORARY COMPOSERS: commissioned works, premieres, concerts, workshops
7. COLLABORATIONS with other musicians and artists, as well as colleagues in mindfulness and body work, for example:
MUSIC REHEARSALS and RECORDINGS,
ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE, FELDENKRAIS,
MINDFUL YOGA, SPIRALDYNAMIK,
PROGRESSIVE MUSCLE RELAXATION (based on Jacobson technique),
8. as well as experimental MUSIC-, MINDFULNESS- and ARTS-EVENTS, small exhibitions and performances.
Some of them will be catered by Manuela Peters’ vegan catering Götterspeisen.
1) Bring live music in a small format back to the city (Berlin). Music is relevant for our society and our lives!
2) Combine music and mindfulness in a professional space in order to nourish musical and personal development.
3) Provide a truly personal and creative context for piano and music classes, rehearsals and concert preparation, meditation sessions, small concerts and art events.
4) Combine a creative teaching space, a music atelier, a concert salon and an island for meditation in just one small transformable space.
5) Create a small-sized refuge for the arts in the centre of the city and in the middle of the pandemic.
6) Transmit my experience, enthusiasm and versatility to others.
7) Collaborate with colleagues - musicians, artists, mindfulness/body work practitioners -, support and complement each other.
8) Build a network of musicians, artists and mindfulness colleagues, both local and international.
9) Reach people through music, art and stillness.
10) Facilitate the access to classical and contemporary music to listeners thanks to close and intimate experiencing of the music.
11) Develop endless possibilities, diversity and ideas in a small place.
12) Awaken the poetry of life in the present moment and share it with others.
- for all people who are interested in music and mindfulness
- for children, teenagers and adults
- for curious, open-minded people who are interested in the arts
- for piano students and students playing another instrument, future professionals as well as amateurs
- for professional music students
- for musicians, artists and mindfulness/body work colleagues
for people in Berlin as well as people from elsewhere (collaborations, live-stream…)
- Because the world needs hope.
- Because music is relevant for our society and our lives.
- Because sound and silence complement each other and teach us to listen deeply.
- Because live music and live encounters with people produce physical vibrations which are indispensable to life and which can never be replaced online.
- Because it offers the possibility to contribute to the rebirth of music and culture after the pandemic and then to enjoy it!
- Because meditation, mindfulness and mindful body work can help us to be in contact with ourselves, with others and with the world.
- Because many musicians and artists need a place and a context in order to develop their full inner potential, to find calm and to handle work-related, personal, as well as pandemic-related challenges and difficulties.
- Because a young French visionary pianist and dreamer with a great amount of enthusiasm, determination, endurance capacity and optimism can’t carry the project alone and would be so thankful for your support.
- Because it’s nice to receive thankfulness.
- Because solidarity can make big things happen.
- Because we can share joy when the project has been accomplished.
- Because this beautiful little place is empty at the moment and wants to be filled with life!
- Because my piano students in Berlin and mindfulness participants are waiting for the classes and coaching to start again!
1st GOAL 8.000 €
2nd GOAL: 18.000 €
The full amount will be used for the preparation and opening of the Raum für Klang & Stille as well as for the start of the activities. I have already invested everything that I could in this project and have also taken out a loan.
A final boost is needed in order to start!
The funding will include:
1) RENOVATION, SOUNDPROOFING and OPTIMISATION of the ACOUSTICS of the studio: abt. 8.000 to 12.000€
so that music practicing, rehearsing, teaching, small concerts as well as recordings can take place without disturbing the neighbours and with perfectly adapted interior acoustics for the music. The cost depends on the extent and complexity of the soundproofing and acoustic optimisation, including building material and labour.
2) TRANSPORTATION of the INSTRUMENTS (grand piano and upright piano): abt. 2.000€
From France and within Berlin. Two pianos are required for teaching.
3) MARKETING EXPENSES: abt. 2.500€
- Conception and creation of an exterior sign as well as lettering on the studio show vitrine, so that it can be visible and identified from the street.
- Conception and creation of flyers to announce the studio’s opening and present the different activities.
- Conception and creation of a homepage for the studio.
- Professional photography of the renovated studio for the homepage.
4) Acquisition of MATERIAL: abt. 2.000€
- piano bench, music stands, large carpets to place under the pianos
- air humidifier for the instruments
- piano lamps, floor lamps
- yoga mats, meditation cushions, blankets
- chairs, small table, shelves
- equipment for the kitchenette and the bathroom, cleaning material
5) FINANCING of the TRANSITION PHASE: abt. 1.500€
Since the preparation of the studio opening is a full-time job, I have to make a break in a part of my usual professional activities in order to manage everything. After the renovation, modification and soundproofing of the studio have been completed and the instruments put in place, I will be able to start working there.
6) FIRST LIVE STREAM CONCERT (Organisation, preparation and execution): abt. 2.000€
This is expected to take place during summer 2021, in collaboration with my recording & filming crew Jeeyun Jang & Hendrik Schacht from Hamburg.
7) Percentage for the crowdfunding platform STARTNEXT.COM:
= abt. 2-3% of the total amount
+ 4% for the transaction fees
+ costs related to the realization of the rewards
If the donations exceed the amount requested:
8) ACQUISITION of the UPRIGHT PIANO, which is currently rented, for the studio Raum für Klang & Stille : 4.000 €
(Two pianos are necessary for teaching as well as for pieces for two pianos. The grand piano already belongs to the studio).
- CONCERT PIANIST performing widely in Europe (in Corona-free times), I graduated from the Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover / Germany, with three advanced degrees. Since I appreciate proximity to the audience, I explain my concert programs and try to bring the listeners into the musical worlds that I love. I leave space for the audience to enter deeply into the music, as sound arises from silence.
- PIANO TEACHER in BERLIN with long experience: I teach children and teenagers as well as adults, in German, French or English, from beginners to advanced students. Elements of mindfulness are included in my piano teaching.
- PIANO TEACHER at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz KÖLN (Cologne/Germany) and at the Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien HANNOVER (Hanover/Germany): with great appreciation for working with talented young professional music students.
- MBSR-TEACHER (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction), certification from the Institute for Mindfulness in Germany, with many years of practice in meditation, mindfulness and yoga. I give courses in MBSR as well as holistic mindfulness-based courses, coaching and workshops for professional musicians and music students, which I have developed in recent years.
- ENTREPRENEUR and PROJECT DESIGNER: I love to give shape to my ideas and to develop new concepts. I want to bring people together and to reach them through music, art, words and silence.
- Enthusiastic CROWDFUNDING DONOR on different crowdfunding platforms.
+ MY FANTASTIC TEAM!!
Franz Fleck: real estate consulting & helping hand
Ona Tav: acoustics & interior design
Göki: helping hand, craftsmanship and knowledge
Viola Gies: part of the photography
Nina Bogin: exchange of ideas, English and French proofreading, support
John Fleck: business consulting, exchange of ideas, helping hand
Magdalena Hasse: German proofreading, exchange of ideas
Isolde Fleck: business tips