What is this project all about?
This project is about making a movie and using it to promote an internet campaign in order to share Mariam's vision on the refugee dreams and raise money for the NGO Refugees International.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
With this movie, we hope to :
- Raise awareness on the stories, the trauma and the dreams of the refugees from Syria
- Collect money for the NGO Refugees International
Why would you support this project?
BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT THE REFUGEES
-- Because you care about the refugee situation and think there are too many racists comments everywhere. This movie will help the refugees to be better understood and make people realize what they are going through and that they have a simple dream: to have a future.
- Because people donations (above the technical cost of the movie) will be given to the NGO Refugees International
RECEIVE FREE MUSIC AS SPECIAL GIFT IN EXCHANGE OF YOUR
This project is backed up by several musicians from Berlin and around the world. Everyone of them give one free song to all the backers of this project. So apart from supporting this project by giving a donation, you will also receive at the end a package with MP3 songs from great artists, whatever the amount you donate.
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
The movie has been shot at the beginning of october. Now we need
to finalize it and to promote it. The money we will receive will
- used first to pay for the technical costs of the movie. No one has been paid, but we need money to cover the logistic, the caterings, the equipment renting and the transport costs.
- given to the NGO Refugees International: all the money above the technical cost will be given to this organization.
Who are the people behind the project?
Mariam Kanan is the director of the movie. She was a free journalist in Syria. Because it was too dangerous for her to stay there she decided to flee out of the country with her family. She has 2 daughters and one son and she dreams of a better future for her children. She crossed the sea between Turkey and Greece with a friend and left her family in Turkey, because she and her husband didn't want to take the risk on a boat for the whole family. She is now in Berlin waiting for her situation to be cleared and her family to be authorized to join her in Germany.
Around 25 syrian adults and children have participated as actors for the movie.
Mariam is helped by a team of local professional director (Stephen Mooney, http://www.stephenmooneyphotography.com), producer (Gilles Toussaint), musician (Julia Fiebelkorn) and several volunteers from Berlin.
We are currently also looking for PR agencies to collaborate