favola in musica (engl. “fairy tale in music”) is a journey that leads to special places and is about
DISCOVERING WHAT IS NEW IN THE OLD AND WHAT IS OLD IN THE NEW.
A CD hardcover digibook with music, exciting texts about the musical works, lots of photos and a music video: a CD and almost 200 pages of a hardcover book in booklet format.
- EARLY MUSIC: 9 works of early music (renaissance and baroque)
- EARLY 'NEW' MUSIC: 3 world premiere recordings of early music
- NEW 'EARLY’ MUSIC: 2 works of contemporary music inspired by early masters, specially commissioned compositions for favola in musica
- 1 MUSIC VIDEO
- in German and English
- exciting texts about the musical works
- sophisticated graphics
- a photographic journey through time and space accompanying the musical works
- biographies of all participating artists
- all song lyrics in their original versions, as well as their German and English translations
A special feature is the concluding title of favola in musica:
Monteverdi’s “L’Orfeo” (1607) was the beginning of a musical revolution:
WORDS GOVERNING THE MUSIC.
This is why the closing title on the CD takes its inspiration from Hip Hop:
spoken texts from Monteverdi’s “L’Orfeo” of surprising depth and relevance.
But maybe some old things somehow always maintain their newness.
In the film “A Room with a View” the actor Julian Sands, who plays the role of an otherwise taciturn screen hero, climbs on a blossoming tree near Florence and shouts his credo out into the spring:
LOVE! BEAUTY! JOY!
favola in musica likewise wants to shout its credo out into the world, inspire you, bring you joy, stimulate your thoughts, ask questions, tell of light and dark, early and new things and to invite you on a journey through time and space. Of course we also want to make fantastic music! Together we want to discover early music, read ‘anew’ after much research and grippingly interpreted, as well as new sounds.
WHO IS THE PROJECT FOR:
favola in musica is for people who enjoy music, beautiful images, good stories and a glass of fine wine (or hot chocolate), who not only like “virtual” things, but also things they can touch (like the CD hardcover digibook and the velvety feel of its matte cover :) ), who value quality and craftsmanship, and who still may make use of caringly-looked-after heirloom pieces, as grandpa’s old, indestructible leather wallet, which only improves with age.
favola in musica is for people who are looking for good, genuine things that last.
But maybe this is saying too much.
Maybe you are quite different and favola in musica simply interests you.
favola in musica is FOR YOU!
Why support favola in musica?
- Maybe you are an idealist? But what does it mean to have ideals?
Maybe to have something you can believe in – and that should be something GOOD and GENUINE:
Something that empowers you and that strengthens your inner centre.
I am certain that music, sounds, images, words and good stories are able to do that.
You too? Then this must surely be a reason to support favola in musica.
- Because you would like to put on our CD, make yourself comfortable with the good glass of wine (cup of hot chocolate, tea or whatever), leisurely turn the leaves trough the book (booklet), listen to the music, look at the pictures, dream, travel into another world, get some new inspiration and strength.
- And also because it is a feat of strength to get an authentic project up and running and because we need YOUR support to REALIZE it!
The CD hardcover digibook will be published on 8th of December 2014!
You will receive your rewards!
The following costs are covered following a successful funding:
- the burning of the CD
- the printing of the CD hardcover digibook (because of its offset printing technology and high-quality design it makes up the major part of the costs)
- translations and proofreading of the booklet
Should we exceed our funding target we will also be able to reward our volunteers, who have contributed much wonderful work!
We will furthermore invest in PR and advertising for the CD release!
- CD Mastering
- Austro-Mechana license- fees (the Austrian 'GEMA')
- Music Video
- PR and Marketing
Something more about the CD Hardcover Digibook:
Run of 1000 Copies at 1607 Records (own label)
Distribution: on http://favolainmusica.com/?lang=en
(we are engaged in negotiations with another online-distributor/Germany as well)
FACTS from the pressing plant about the CD Hardcover Digibook:
CD: 100 years of guarantee of playability (certificate)
Hardcover Digibook: "green book": get's by without any chemical or toxic additions
Printing: Offset Printing
Made in Austria
Digibook for 1 disc in cartonsleeve on the back, 4/4 col., matt laminated, about 200 pages Material: cover: printed 4/0 + 1/0 matt lamination
Pages: 150 gsm, glossy art paper, printed 4/4
200 gsm glossy art paper for endpapers, printed 4/4
250 gsm glossy art paper for one hung-in sleeve, 6 pp; made out of back endpaper, printed 4/4, diecut with humbcut on top
Hardcover sewn, square back
The packaging makes do without synthetics, save for cellophane.
The colours and lacquers are all based on water and are certified after the rules of the highest industry standards, which subcontractors also need to heed.
Here are few further facts about the pressing plant:
The following certificates provide quality assurance:
- Quality Management System - ISO 9001
- Quality Management System - ISO 13485
- Quality Management System - GMP
- Environmental Management System - ISO 14001
- Sony Green Partner Program
- Anti Piracy protection
- Global Information Security Policy
We: Maria, Paul and the non-profit association “Favola in Musica”*.
Our Favola Team and participating artists, which are:
Maria Weiss (mezzo-soprano & project-founder) www.mariaweiss.at
Wolfgang Mitterer (composition) www.wolfgangmitterer.com
Rosario Conte (theorbo) https://www.facebook.com/RosarioConte.Lutenist, Gyöngy Erödi (cello), Jonas Niederstadt (sound balance engineer) https://jonasniederstadt.wordpress.com
James Pearson, Glenys Linos, Maurice Van Lieshout
TEXT | BOOKLET
Alexander Moore, Doris Weberberger, Marko Deisinger, Antonio Martín Moreno
WORLD PREMIERE RECORDINGS
Maria Weiss (National Library Vienna), Antonie Schlegel (transcription into modern musical notation ), Antonio Martín Moreno (Spain)
Moritz Schell, Paul Weissbacher, Maria Weiss (Photographs)
elfenkleid www.elfenkleid.com, Stadttheater Klagenfurt | Kostümfundus (Dresses | Styling)
Stephanie und Francis Lane (slient tapes) http://silenttapes.com
TRANSLATION | PROOF READING
Esther Jo Steiner, Roman Gottwald, Gilbert Boll i Ball, Michael Weiss
* favola in musica is carried out by “Favola in Musica”, a non-profit association for music and culture.
Teresa Berganza http://www.teresaberganza.com
Glenys Linos http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenys_Linos
Gerhard Persché http://www.fonoforum.de/index.php?id=6915
More about the non-profit association: http://favolainmusica.com/?page_id=2295&lang=en