What is this project all about?
We are the Band TABEAH and are producing our first album with 11
fantastic musicians, including our band, a string quartet and a
My name is Tabea Mangelsdorf. I am the songwriter, composer, arranger and singer of this band.
In May 2016, we spent a whole week in the studio and recorded 11 big pieces that will take you on a journey through intimate string landscapes, playful fantasyworlds and epic soundscapes that bluesy kicks and a voice that soars above.
What is the project goal and who is the project for?
The goal is 11.000 € for a beautiful CD production with my
band, a string quartett, and a brassquartett.
This music is for all music lovers that would listen to classical music or jazz. For all that like epic pop music, tender voice melodies or big post-rock sounds. It is for everyone that likes soundtracks and lets him/herself be touched and swept away into a magical world.
Why would you support this project?
Because it is great music played by fantastic musicians and it
will move you!
With your support a dream will come true! I put my entire being into the process bringing my songs and arrangements to life with this little orchestra. And how exciting to allow one's own sound to come through regardless of style or genre!
It is a mix of world music, Pop, Jazz, Post-Rock, but really it is a soundtrack to my being.
Such a big CD production is not afforrdable out of one's own
pocket, but we fully trust that it is possible with your help!!
On the right side you can pick one of our creative „Thank You's“ designed to meet all your musical desires ;)!!
How will we use the money if the project is successfully funded?
Your contributions flow only towards the production and the release of our album:
- one week of studio recording (band, string quartett,
- editing, mixing and mastering by Christian Grothe, Steffen Lütke and Paul Evans (Greenhouse Studios)
- design of cover and booklet
- pressing of CD
- filming and cut Tristan Hachmeister and Michael Urbatzka
- GEMA (collecting society Germany)
promotion (press, radio, internet)
Who are the people behind the project?
Behind this album stand:
- Tabea Mangelsdorf (composition, arrangement, voice)
- Christian Grothe (guitar, electronics, production)
- David Ehlers (keys)
- Claas-Henning Dörries (bass)
- Simon Jurczewski (drums)
- Laura Rodriguez Fonseca (violin)
- Mariana Hernandez (violin)
- Susanne Knast (cello)
- Gregor Lener (tromp, flugelhorn)
- Lorenz Schönle (bar. sax)
- Shabnam Parvaresh (flute, clarinet, artwork)
- Jonas Winter (alt sax)
- Mareike Lindau (violin)
- Steffen Lütke (mix, master)
- Martin Schmeing (studio engenier)
- Paul Evans (mix Greenhouse Studios)
- Tristan Hachmeister + Michael Urbatzka (film production)
Tabea Mangelsdorf http://www.tabeahmusic.com