In the past weeks, time run past in an extraordinary way. I have been meaning to inform you sooner; it has all been a bit much, but first things first: the premiere is soon on 16 sept! We show fragments on the Kaaij! A website for the movie is born!
Many exclamation marks, much excitement.
Let me put it in 6 points:
1. The movie is premiering on 16 september in Nijmegen. Mark your calendars and be there! I am looking forward to celebrate with you.
3. On the first weekend of September (1st-3rd), we will screen fragments on the movie at the Kaaij in Nijmegen from 16:00-20:00. In the weeks afterwards, we will guerilla screen fragments as well in the public space of Nijmegen city (more info follows soon on social media)
The student magazine VOX of the Radboud University in Nijmegen interviewed me and wrote about it. Here is the article in Dutch and here in English.
As the dear Miro put it:
“On Lesbos, where refugees are marginalized, our Laura courageously creates spaces of hope through activism. In a forthcoming documentary, she will not only show us the horrid conditions on the island, but also the power of solidarity, humanity and cooperation through the compelling stories of five women. Read Laura's interview in Voxweb and stay tuned for more.”
4. On the ground on Lesvos, No Border Kitchen Lesvos were very engaged fighting for the extremely endangered dignity of people. In order to be able to continue giving out food boxes, they ran a crowdfunding campaign I had the pleasure to make the video for. A good opportunity to use some of the footage shot there.
5. Backdrop: A month ago, we talked about our experiences on “the beautiful prison” Lesvos. The venue was very crowded and everyone listened and watched attentively. Thanks for coming!
6. Finally, I am still editing and finishing the movie. It feels good to be connected still to Lesvos and to carry the reality I’ve witnessed there into the world. I know I might be repeating myself, yet it still remains so present to process this: Even though a lot of the hardship people go through there is depressing, there are those inspiring individuals and communities. The people I have met are extraordinarily frank. I’m looking forward to introduce Cris, Xenia, Alice, Nora and Casey to you. They take us into their lives on Lesvos.
They are the heroines of the movie.
As there is the new page for the movie now, this is also the end of writing updates here on the crowdfunding page. Please contact me if I may keep you informed via Email as well.
→ Laura.heinig (@) web.de
Until then, hope to see you at the Kaaij and at the Premiere!
Thank you: old friends, new friends and strangers for helping, donating, supporting! Im grateful and, yes, touched by that.
//Contact me if youre interested in screening the movie or if you have ideas for distribution//